Players: 4 – 7
- Players take turns to play a card, or a group of cards of the same rank
- Players must beat the previous card or group played. A single card can be beaten by any number of higher rank cards. A group can only be beaten by a higher rank group of the same size
- Players can pass if they have no valid cards to play, or if they choose to do so
- If all other players pass on a card, whoever played it starts a new discard pile
- The last player to have cards in hand scores a penalty point
- Classic – Twos are the highest value card
- Modern – Twos are low, equal rank is allowed and any larger group can be played
Play Multiplayer President Online
The Deck and Dealing
President uses a standard deck. All cards are dealt out equally among the players.
In President, suits do not matter and cards of the same value can be played together.
One player begins by playing a card or a group of cards. Other players must beat previous cards played, by playing a higher value card or card group. Sets of cards can only be beaten by groups of the same size. For instance, a pair of Fours cannot be beaten by a single Five or three Sixes.
Players can also pass, either by choice or because they have no valid cards to play. If all players pass on a particular card, the current play pile is discarded and whoever played the last card starts the new pile.
The goal is to get rid of all cards in hand.
Players score penalty points depending on the order in which they got rid of all of their cards. The first player to do so scores no penalty points, the last player scores 2 penalty points and all other players score 1 penalty point.
The game ends when one player has accrued 4 penalty points – this can also be set to 5 or 6 points. The winner is whoever has the fewest points.
President can also be played for a set number of rounds, after which the game ends. The options are 3, 5 or 10 rounds.
Two can either be the highest or lowest value card.
Equal Rank Allowed
Players can play cards matching the value of the previous cards.
Any Larger Set
Players can beat a set with a larger set of cards with any value.
Would like to discuss new features or variations for President? Need a custom rule? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Don’t see a game you want to play? Please contact us by email, facebook or twitter – we really value your feedback and love hearing from all of you!
Cookies help us deliver the best experience. By continuing, you agree to our cookies use.