Donald Trump has no shame when it comes to grousing that he’s not getting the credit and praise others are getting in the COVID fight, and it seems the person who pisses him off most is one Dr. Anthony Fauci.
Trump unloaded Sunday on Twitter, saying … “Something how Dr. Fauci is revered by the LameStream Media as such a great professional, having done, they say, such an incredible job, yet he works for me and the Trump Administration, and I am in no way given any credit for my work. Gee, could this just be more Fake News?”
Ok … a few points to consider
1. Tony Fauci is a DOCTOR who has been the leader in infectious diseases for decades. Trump never spent a day diagnosing anything, because he has no medical training.
2. Dr. Fauci has been a leader in urging mask-wearing and social distancing. Trump has undermined the effort, inspired millions of others to flaunt precautionary measures and is responsible for an untold number of COVID infections as a result.
3. Fauci has walked the walk, celebrating holidays and other occasions at home without much of his family. Trump has held super-spreader events for friends, family and strangers.
4. Fauci has carefully advised the nation about therapies and vaccines. Trump has mused about drinking bleach to combat the virus.
5. Fauci’s actions have made him COVID-free. Trump got the virus, along with his wife, child and God knows how many other White House staffers.
In short … that’s why Trump hasn’t gotten the credit Fauci has.
Fauci has been the leading voice on infectious viruses for decades, far beyond Trump’s presidency.
He’s been beloved for sharing the cold-hard facts in an easy to understand manner.
Trump on the other hand has repeatedly downplayed the seriousness of the virus and even touted experimental, deadly treatments.