- Donald Trump became the first billionaire president of the United States in January 2017.
- The core of his fortune is tied up in a half-dozen buildings in and around midtown Manhattan in New York City.
- Trump also owns golf courses and a winery and has licensed his name to companies around the world.
- He got his start working for his father, Fred, who developed low-cost housing in Brooklyn and Queens.
- Trump tapped his two eldest sons, Don Jr. and Eric, to run the family business while he is in office.
On forbes lists
Trump played basketball, football, soccer and baseball while he attended the New York Military Academy in Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York.
Donald Trump appeared alongside his father Fred on the first ever Forbes 400 list in 1982, with a combined net worth estimated at $200 million.
I took a lot of finance courses at Wharton. First they taught you all the rules and regulations. Then they taught you that those rules and regulations are really meant to be broken.